Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lots of sheep and a hamster ball

We went to the Sheep Show! Yes, we went to a show at the Agrodome in Rotorua that was all about the different kinds of sheep and how to herd them. It was a rainy day, so this type of indoor activity was just great. Ha ha I actually kind of enjoyed it. The whole experience was just kind of funny. But oh! The best part was when I got to milk a cow! I don't know why (guess I'm just weird), but I've always wanted to learn how to milk a cow. It's been on my Bucket List. It's kind of ridiculous, but I cannot tell you how happy and excited I was to get called up to the stage to milk good old Bessie. It was pretty cool to get into the rhythm of it. Well, that's just one more thing to check off the list!

Sheep shearing demonstration

Don't we make great sheep? I was a Border Licester. Here are the real stars of the show.

Warming our hands up before the milking.I am now a professional milkmaid.
We even got a 'Certificate of Udderance'!
We bonded.

After the Sheep Show, the group and I all went zorbing. Zorbing, basically, is a fun filled activity where you are put in a giant hamster ball full of water and then sent rolling down a giant hill. So random, but so fun! You even get to color your water! You can put up to 3 people in one ball, so I went with Emily and Nancy. We colored our water blue. Neeley, Nicole, and Becca went in the ball next to us and colored their water blue. We raced. It was epic. My team won.


Diving into the water-filled ball.
Can you see the green water a bit?

And there goes the green team, creaming the blue team down the hill!Coming out of the ball.

We love zorbing!

1 comment:

  1. You have a BLOG!?

    Please post more! I'll update if you do.

    Love you more than fishies.
    (And you know how much I love those.)

    ReplyDelete