Monday, January 24, 2011

River Kayaking

This past Saturday morning we went kayaking on the Puhoi River. Whitney and Emily came with us. It was such fun! We went down the river with the tide. It took about 2 hours. I was so impressed Phyllis came along with us; she was quite the adventurer. It was so peaceful to float down the river just the 5 of us. It was relaxing and the scenery was breathtaking. Once we got down to the bottom we stopped at a cheese factory cafe that Phyllis likes. It was a restaurant/cheese shop. There were so many colors, shapes, and sizes of cheeses! It was a perfect afternoon. (I don't have them right now, but pictures are to come!)

That night Phyllis, Jess, and I watched the movie Whale Rider together. It was a great movie that gave you a sincere glimpse into the Maori traditions and culture and the importance of close family ties. I think my family has it at home in Sandy, but I hadn't seen it until that night. I guess if I was ever to watch it, it was perfect to first watch in New Zealand!

No comments:

Post a Comment