Saturday, January 29, 2011

BYU classes. Done and done.

I've finished my last full semester of college classes! No more school (I'm not counting the two Spring classes I have to take when I get back)! I don't know how to feel. Am I really old enough to be done with college? I'm going to be a full-time teacher this Fall. Yikes! That thought is a little scary. I don't think I'm ready. But I think teaching is one of those things that you will never be completely ready for. I have never been a teacher before, and I will never get the experience I would need to feel more confident until I actually start teaching. I need to start somewhere, and starting at the beginning seems to be the only logical place to start. I just need to have faith that the Lord will be there to guide and support me as I jump with both feet into the expansive pool that is to be my career.

One of the last few days of our science class we had to write a lesson plan and then teach it to a small group of our peers. Jessica, Heidi, Anna, and I were a group. We all made hokey pokey, which is similar to toffee, and taught different science concepts with it. I taught about the three different states of matter.

It's so nice to know that we don't have to worry anymore about classes, homework, and walking 45 minutes to school both ways. I will miss having classes with the girls and eating lunch outside on the sidewalk with them, though. But we have a week and a half to do nothing but play with each other this next week on our trip to the South Island, so I think we'll get plenty of time with each other. :)Making hokey pokey.

We totally burned the one in the back corner. See how dark it is? Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment