Monday, January 24, 2011

I don't always understand the complexities of technology, but I love it still!

I can finally do another blog post! I haven't been able to blog in the last few days because 1. I was too busy last week with life and all its crazies and 2. my computer broke this weekend! Thankfully, I was able to find a computer repair guy just down the road who works out of his home. My poor computer had viruses...yes, plural. Mom and Dad I won't tell you how many there were cuz I'm embarrassed, but all that really matters is that everything is all better now! I may have to rethink some of my New Zealand adventures due to some lack of money now, but at least I still have my computer! I never realized how dependent I am on this baby. It's my life. All my music, pictures, documents, etc. are on here. And it's my link to the outside world and my family back at home. So when it broke on Saturday I was in such a state of panic and stress. Crazy how much we rely on technology! Well, you ready for lots of updates, cuz boy do I have a lot of them!
Here we go!

I was so excited to start out last week because Elder Anderson was here. I was so excited to hear him speak at the fireside that was being given. Jessica, Heidi, Anna, and I figured out the bus route we'd need to take to get to the stake center. From there, a group of the YSAs from our ward were going to carpool in buses to the North Shore where the fireside was. so we got on the bus, but after a while the bus started heading in the wrong direction! We finally decided to just get off before we ended up too far from the church. We were still pretty far from the church and we only had 5 minutes to get there! We ran. It was raining, we were in church clothes/shoes, and my umbrella was broken (it kept popping inside out). We took our shoes off so we could run faster.
We must have been quite the sight! I even cut my foot at one point on some glass. We finally made it to the church, but no one was there. No cars. Doors locked. What?! We didn't understand, and we were only 8 minutes late. Well, we had no phone and no means of getting home. So we chose a random house across the street and knocked. The man who answered was probably so confused when he saw 4 American girls on his porch looking like wet rats. But he let us use his phone and was so nice.
We called Bro. Jacobs and he came to pick us up. At that point it was too late to try and make the fireside. So sad. Oh well, we tried. And at least we got a good story and laugh out of it. Anna was laughing hysterically at how funny we looked running through the rain. And when we were in the man's house calling for help, we were laughing so hard at how sad and pathetic we were. It's situations like this that you can only shrug your shoulders and laugh at yourself and the hilariousness of the whole thing. Come to find out later, no one met at the church. They decided last minute to cancel the vans. Everyone knew but us four. Of course. :)
Here's Anna's view of what we looked like running through the rain:

No comments:

Post a Comment