Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kia Ora from Auckland!

We made it! After our 13 hour flight, all 16 of us are here, safe and sound (we're missingn two in the picture above)! Auckland is a beautiful city. My host "mom", Phyllis, lives just 15 minutes northwest of central Auckland. She is exactly how I would picture any typical English grandmother (yes, she's haole): prim, proper, quiet, and reserved...but hilariously funny when she randomly throws out comments that just have you throwing your head back laughing. And she's so loving! She makes us breakfast and dinner every day, and is always concerned about us. It's just been over a year since her sweet Barry died, and I know she's lonely so it's good we're here with her. I'm rooming with Jessica, and we're having a blast together! We're already finishing each other's sentences ha ha. Here are some picts of our little home:

Our home

Our bathroom


Jessica and I share a cute little room


Backyard

The church where we have class each day from 8-3:30
First day of school pict!
Jess and me








2 comments:

  1. Wow Bean this looks so awesome! I'm so jealous of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! It's so Quaint! I wanna meet Phyllis!! I think we would get along. Tell Jessica how Flippin Lucky she is! Sounds like you are just as lucky though! Have fun! And Freakin Live it up!!

    You da best Bean!

    ReplyDelete