Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Room 19

Some of the funny things my Rm 19 kids have said to me:
"Damn, you're pretty!"
"Where's your husband?" Then when I explain I don't have one... "Why not?" "When are you going to get married?"
"Do they have ketchup in your world?"

Here are some of the girls in my class during swimming.
The kids have to practice crouching on the side of the pool
and do a 180 degree turn when they jump in.
Here's what my classroom looks like.


I taught my first few small group lessons this week. Wednesday I taught a guided reading lesson. I worked with the Rhino group, which consists of Patsy, Ngun Di, Xavier, and Milton. I also worked with them today. They were so good for me! Both lessons went really well, and the kids were very interested and engaged in what we were learning about/working on. During today's lesson, Dr. Jacobs came in to observe me. I always hate being observed. It's scary! But the lesson ran pretty smoothly and Dr. Jacobs had some good positive praise on my performance...but of course he had some suggestions. :) But critique is good. That's how I learn to be a better teacher! But although there were quite a few things I could change and do better next time, overall, I think it went pretty well. Now on to the next step: whole class instruction!

No comments:

Post a Comment